jueves, 18 de febrero de 2010

I don' know if I want to go back to what I have always considered my home ..

I'm at the border of Thailand. During the last years, I have spent more time here than in Lanzarote, I feel at home here... I am where I wanted to be. I'm walking on the razor's edge...
Decisions taken in these following days or weeks will be important for the what's left of my life. It sounds as if I was writing my last will and somehow it is the case...

I don' know if I want to go back to what I have always considered my home .. We talk about Europe as if we were an example to follow, we speak in Europe about Asia like a backward and barbaric underworld. Well, sorry for those Europeans who think this way, these people here in Asia can give us lessons of culture, not the culture we are taught in schools, a culture that never sums up, or can only subtract and divide, we are light years away in tolerance and respect for others, social life, in respect for elders, foreigners, the people here are always ready to help with a sincere smile. We believe that as we are on the top of the chain of consumption we can give lessons to the so-called third world. Europe, that old Europe is becoming increasingly older whereas Asia is younger every day. People here, when they go to the bathroom, wash with soap and water, they do not use paper, they say paper is fine for writing, and use soap and water for washing... ...

I go to sleep now, it is ten here in Malaysia, nine o'clock in Thailand ... (whereas it is 3 in Spain, and 2 p.m. in Lanzarote)

No hay comentarios: